Before I jump into this week’s Q&A, I want to share a question I ask every client during our pre-session consultation: “Have you given any thought as to how you’d like to enjoy your images after your session?”
If you’re like most clients in the early stages, you’re probably thinking, I have absolutely no idea! If I just read your mind, please know that’s a very common response and it’s also why it’s important to me that I’m here to help you choose the right products for your pet portraits during your reveal and ordering appointment.
Let’s face it: choosing your images and products only gets more difficult the longer you put it off, which is exactly why we have that in-person reveal and ordering appointment. Let me hold your hand throughout the decision-making process and offer my guidance when you need it most. I promise that if you go with your heart, you can trust you won’t be making any bad decisions.
The Path to the Pet Portrait Products
Next to leash-related concerns and location queries, how to choose the right products for your pet portraits is one of the first questions I often receive from new clients. From signature wall art and fine art albums to heirloom folio boxes and boutique add-ons, you’ve certainly got plenty of options to best suit your needs and style; however, sometimes a variety of options requires having to take a deeper look at what it is you value most and why.
To begin, let’s weave your way through the path to pet portrait products. While your final product isn’t necessarily a definitive destination, it can offer a starting point to begin considering potential products. (Be sure to leave a comment and let me know where your answers led you!)
Considerations to Reflect Upon Before Choosing Products
As you begin narrowing down potential products for your pet portraits, it’s important to reflect upon the following considerations more closely before meeting for your reveal and ordering appointment. Doing so will help you easily align your product purchases to what you most value.
How important is signature wall art to you?
- If you’re like most clients and want to enjoy your images where you can see them every day, signature wall art will become your “main event” piece(s) and the first that you will choose your favorite image(s) for.
- Are we looking at a single statement-making wall art piece or several for a grouping? It’s helpful to have a preference because how you plan to display your signtuare wall art will influence the images you choose.
- Do you want other products in addition to wall art? If so, signature collections provide the most value and variety in purchasing these products. Together, we’ll compare collection inclusions to find the best one for you.
How important is it for you to have all of your session images?
- I’ve found that most people end up wanting more images than they initially anticipated. In these instances, fine art albums and heirloom folio boxes will become your go-tos. Fine art albums can hold all of your session images whereas heirloom folio boxes can feature 10 or 20 favorites.
- Boutique add-ons also provider options for adding a handful of portraits to a collection, signature wall art, fine art album or heirloom folio box
How much of an impact does your budget have on your purchase?
- Boutique add-ons may seem like the most affordable route to go, but because they’re designed to add on those remaining favorites, keep in mind that these are not available individually and you’ll first have to choose either a collection, signtaure wall art piece, or a fine art album or heirloom folio box. If you plan to add-on these smaller products, you should expect to invest at minimum $500.
- Again, for purchasing multiple products ranging from wall art to fine art albums, small prints, boutique add-ons, and bonus products, you won’t find better value or variety than with one of three signature collections.
How highly do you value having high-resolution digital files?
- While digital collections are available, they may not be the most economical approach to getting your files since every ordered product also includes the matching high-resolution digital files of ordered product image(s). Think of it as getting the best of both words: digitals and tangible products!
- Fine art albums include the matching high-resolution digital files of ordered album images, and if you picked up on the ability to include all of your session images, you know what that means!
- The Gold collection as well as my level 3 bonus schedule are the easiest ways to receive all your high-resolution digitals along with archival-quality products, so if you believe in that go-big-or-go-home approach, I’ve got you covered!
Ready to Find the Perfect Products for Your Pet Portraits?
Whether you know exactly what you’d like or are interested in hearing more about the custom heirloom-quality products I can create for you, I’d love to connect. Inquire online or give me a call at 724-913-BARK (2275) for a no-pressure, no-obligation consultation. Not quite ready, but interested in more information on Bark & Gold Photography sessions? Visit “The Experience” in the menu and be sure to join the VIP list.
This post is a part of a photography blog circle featuring photographers specializing in a variety of niches. To see what the next photographer is sharing for our weekly theme, “Photographer’s Choice,” check out Amy Tedrow with Believe, Create, Inspire and Amy Tedrow Photography, sharing why pursuing personal growth is important for your business and life. Continue to click the link at the end of each post in the blog circle until you eventually find your way back here.
2 thoughts on “Q&A: How Do I Choose the Right Products for My Pet Portraits?”
You offer so many great and helpful tips!
Thanks, Amy! There can feel like a lot to think about throughout each stage of the planning process, but hopefully, this helps calm the concerns and uncertainties surrounding product choices!